Thursday 11 February 2016

Geneva Raglan

Hey everyone! How are you all?

I am completely snowed under with uni work at the minute. I've just worked my way through about five hours of seminar reading and I'm still nowhere near done. I've vowed I'll get a dress finished before Valentine's Day (I'm going out on my first ever Valentine's date - eep! I'm a little nervous!) but I'm not sure I'll get it made up in time. Fingers crossed! 

Still, I thought I'd take a bit of a break from reading up on early English castles and the Civil War to show you another completed project - the Geneva Raglan top from Named Patterns. 


Shamefully taking direct inspiration from Rachel of House of Pinheiro's beautiful version, I made this up in a triangle print ponte de roma from Girl Charlee and a charcoal grey ponte from Guthrie and Ghani

This top was a breeze to make, I didn't encounter any problems with sewing it up or fitting - hurrah for quick and easy sewing projects! I made up the smallest size (as is usual for me) and it fits really well. Next time, I think I'd use a fabric with a little more stretch for the sleeves, as the ponte I used is quite thick, but it's definitely wearable. 

I'm not usually one for wearing jeans, but this top is perfect for when I fancy a change from the dresses I'm usually wearing. It's seen quite a bit of wear since I finished it a couple of months ago so, overall, success! 

Thank you for taking the time to read. I hope all your sewing projects are going well :) I've been a little detached from the blogosphere recently - the unread posts on my reader are mounting up, but I catch up when I can. I love seeing everyone's finished projects! 

Have a great week everyone, hope you are all well. 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment