Tuesday 23 February 2016

Pyjama Top

Hello everyone! How are you?

I've been having a mixed couple of weeks, but mostly good. I've cut out the pieces to make a velvet By Hand London Kim dress, now I just need to find the time to sew it all together! I don't expect I'll be able to get anywhere with it until next week though, as I am going down to London for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament's Anti-Trident rally this weekend, which I'm quite excited about! 

So, whilst I'm waiting to sew up a new project, I thought I'd show you one I completed a while back instead. 


This is the Sewaholic Renfrew pattern, which I used to make a pretty quick and easy pyjama top. The fabric I used (which came from Abakhan in Chester) is a really soft, cosy knit which is actually being saved for a Megan Nielsen Briar. However, until I can get round to printing and assembling my PDF copy, I wanted something really simple, so to the Renfrew I turned! I ended up squeezing this make out of something ridiculous like a quarter of a metre of fabric, just to ensure I have enough left over for the Briar! I shortened the hem by quite a few inches to save fabric, but it doesn't bother me at all - this is hands down the comfiest pyjama top I've ever worn. 


I made my usual Size 0, opted for short sleeves and used some scraps to make a teeny patch pocket, which I think is really cute. I can't claim credit for the shorts, which come from Fat Face (my guilty pleasure), but I do think they go together quite well. 
 

That's about it really! This was a really quick make, put together in about an hour and a half (including cutting out!) and I am really pleased with the final result. It makes a nice change from the Seaworld t-shirt I usually opt for, which I've had since I was ten! (I also recently watched the documentary Blackfish, which has on some levels ruined my childhood memories of Seaworld, but I do still love that t-shirt). 

As always, thank you for reading, and what's on your sewing table please? 

Have a great week everyone, 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment