Thursday, 17 November 2016


Hey everyone!

It's been a while, I know, and still no sewing going on around these parts. I miss my machine so much! It's sitting neglected and a little dusty in the corner of my room. Third year of university is leaving pretty much no time to indulge in sewing, so I'm finding myself semi-stalking Instagram, Pinterest and sewing blogs for some much needed inspiration. I have a long list of garments to make over the Christmas break, I can't wait to get started!

In the meantime, I thought I'd share my final make from over summer with you. I was running out of suitable stash fabric by this point, so the fabric I used is reasonably awful, but it worked well as a means of testing a new style...the faux wrap of the By Hand London Flora!

In a nicer fabric (this is some really cheap cotton stuff I was given from the Craft Club at my university; I really dislike the print, far too much pale pink for my taste), I think this could easily become a pattern I use over and over again. I made up a size 6, which is usual for me. When finished, there was a little gaping at the neckline, but I remedied this by adding a line of stitching down where the wrap pieces cross over, a quick and easy solution. 

Like normal, I swapped out the drafted skirt pieces for a simple gathered rectangle, my favourite style and the one I've used with almost all of my handmade dresses. 

Overall, I really like this dress. The bodice neckline is a little different to what I'm used to, but I have so many dresses similar to each other that it's good to try something a little out of the ordinary (note the navy floral fabric though...that's not going anywhere any time soon ;) )

As usual, thank you for reading, and for bearing with me through all the long silences. I'll try and write again in the next few days with a sewing plan for all the garments I want to make over Christmas!
Have a wonderful week everyone,

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment