Friday 6 June 2014

Busy, Busy Bee

Wow, so much is happening round here at the moment. I had my first A level Psychology exam on Tuesday (eep!), with the second one approaching next Wednesday. My sixth form leavers party is coming up on the 27th and I haven't ordered my dress fabric yet... I'm supposed to be sewing bags as thank you presents for teachers, and on top of all of that, I have to squeeze in some final revision before the rest of my exams! 

Gosh, will I be glad when June is over and done with. Whenever I've sat down at my machine to do some sewing this past couple of weeks, I've just dabbled around, felt guilty and got up again to do some revision, but the crafter inside me is BURSTING to get making! 

However, I do have one project to share with you today, whipped up between studying Child and Criminal Psychology (yuck). It's a new bag! 


This is a present for my grandma, ready for her to take with her on her summer holiday. I love how bright and nautical the fabric is! I used Simplicity 2685 (again! That's four now) so this didn't take long at all to make - just over an hour, including cutting out. I know of some sewers who get bored sewing up the same pattern time and time again, but that's never been an issue for me. I actually have another bag like this already cut out waiting to be stitched as a present for my Psychology teacher. She's always been there for me with encouragement (and chocolate!) whenever this year has got too much, so a handmade gift was the least I could give her to show my gratitude for everything she's done this year. 

So, that just about brings you all up to date. Just to let you know, things might be a bit quiet around here for a couple of weeks whilst I finish up with A levels, but keep checking in and normal service should be resumed by June 17th :) 

Have a good month guys! I'll see you soon,

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment