Monday 11 May 2015

Me-Made-May 2015, Days 6-10

Hello everyone!

I'm back again with more documentation photos of this year's #mmmay challenge. 

Day 6: Sewaholic Renfrew Dress and Colette Astoria (1) 
My sincere apologies for the awful lighting in this photo. I wore this outfit to travel home from uni; it was really comfy and not too warm on the train. 


Day 7: Self Drafted Skirt
This was just a day of hanging around my house writing my essay - not the most interesting of days really! I love the way the skirt looks with this blouse though, it's one of my favourite outfits. 


Day 8: By Hand London Anna (1) 
This was my first ever Anna, and I still like it tremendously. It looks good with cardigans and sweaters, or on it's own for warmer days. 


Day 9: By Hand London Anna (2) and Colette Astoria (2) 
This was the second Anna I made, which has a really gorgeous strawberry print. I think it looks great with my new Astoria sweater! I made this version up in a navy sweatshirt fabric with little coloured flecks, and it matches all my dresses like a dream. This outfit was worn to babysit an incredibly cute little girl all day and play endless games of Hide and Seek! 


Day 10: By Hand London Anna (3) and Colette Astoria (2) 
Yes, I have developed a thing for my Anna dresses paired with my new Astoria sweaters. Sorry not sorry! I really love the way this combo looks, but to stop things getting too boring I'll try and switch up my outfits in the next five days. This was worn to revise, see my boyfriend and travel back to uni for my first exam. 

So, 10 days in and I've still managed to not repeat an exact outfit! I doubt this will last though - some garments have already made multiple appearances. I'm really learning a lot from the challenge already. My wardrobe is definitely suffering from a handmade top deficiency, which is something I feel I need to work on in future. However, I've been getting a lot of wear out of my Anna dresses which I hadn't touched for over a month before the challenge started, so I'm glad it's helped me to get those into rotation again. 

How are you finding Me-Made-May so far? 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment