Sunday 27 July 2014

Home Sweet Home

HEY PEOPS! 

Wow, it's good to be back. Taking me away from my sewing machine for two weeks is like taking away an alcoholic from their favourite tipple (not that I drink alcohol, horrid stuff, tastes like vinegar). BUT ANYWAY. Sewing is my addiction and I sure have missed it. So much so, that I spent a large amount of my holiday dreaming about pattern purchases that can be made when I returned home. I may have already sort of accidentally on purpose ordered a Miette Skirt in the lovely sale over at Tilly and the Buttons. Ahh, sales. Yum. Who can resist? 

When I woke up this morning I instantly went down to my sewing machine, whereby a miracle occurred. I got to work on Deer and Doe's Chardon Skirt which I'm making in red cotton, so I filled the bobbin up with matching thread. That thing moves so fast, unbeknown to me half the thread had ended up UNDERNEATH the bobbin rather than on it, so frustratingly I had to pull it out and waste it. I don't know what happened, I was sure I'd put the bobbin on properly. So then, I went to thread the needle and pick up the lower thread but panicked when the needle physically would not move. It was stuck. Totally and utterly stuck. I fiddled around and nothing helped, so practically in tears at the thought of losing my machine I went to fetch mum, who had no idea how to fix it but said she'd take it to a repair shop as soon as possible. Then I fiddled around a bit more and suddenly the needle moved. WHAT. My sewing machine fixed itself. That thing is so cool. I still have no idea what went wrong but my mum went back to her ironing, rolling her eyes, and I got down to sewing pleats on a machine which was miraculously good as new. I guess I'll never know for sure what happened there, but at least it seems fixed. 

Miracle machine. Has anything like that ever happened to you? 

Tomorrow I think I'll probably finish my skirt and get to work on my Lilou Dress for the Love at First Stitch: One Make a Month competition, as July is nearly over! It feels strange to leave a blog post pictureless though so here are a few photos of my time in France: 

Carcassonne

Montsegur

Limoux Bastille Day Celebrations

View from Puivert Castle

Hope you are all having great summers too! 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment