Friday 1 August 2014

Learning to Knit!

Hello all!

A couple of weeks ago you may remember I posted about wanting to learn to knit, and received a really helpful comment from a reader about a good beginner knitting book. That's what I love so much about the crafting world that I've joined - everyone is so lovely! So I took the plunge and have just ordered two knitting books:


Knitty Gritty and


Learn to Knit, Love to Knit

Looking through the reviews of these books feedback seems to be really positive, so I hope they will be just the thing to help me learn to knit more complex patterns than scarves. I've been able to knit and purl since I was about five years old, but I've never been taught how to read a knitting pattern or how to use circular needles. So I'm really looking forward to trying to work through some of the projects in these books! I hope it will be a little easier than if I was starting to learn absolutely from scratch. I've also enlisted the help of my grandma! She is going to help me get to work on making a simple cardigan I found on Ravelry, the Mama Vertebrae pattern. I want to use a mustard coloured wool to make it, and hopefully will be able to get started in the next couple of weeks when I go to see my grandparents.

So, that's all for now! Wish me luck on my new knitting venture :)

Have you taken up a new craft recently? How did you go about it?

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment