Monday 30 March 2015

New Look 6483

Hello all! 

As part of my New Year Sewing Resolutions, I've sewn up a top! 


I decided to make New Look 6483, View C (the red one on the bottom left of the pattern envelope). I've never made a proper top before, but it was a really satisfying change from the dress after dress after dress approach I normally take to sewing. 


And here it is! 

I used a really lovely drapey cotton lawn from Abakhan. This pattern is so fabric saving! It took less than a metre to make up. 


I love both the pattern of the fabric and the pattern of the top. It was really quick to sew up, about two hours from start to finish, and I think the floral design is really pretty. Green is a colour I rarely wear but often feel I should wear more. 

I cut out a straight size 6 and it fits really nicely, just as well as any of my ready-to-wear tops. I've recently started wearing jeans a bit more often (I'm usually a dresses girl as you've probably noticed!), and I think this top will go really nicely with a lot of the pairs I own. 


Here is the back. There's a simple keyhole that fastens with a button to help get the top on and off. The facing that helps finish off the keyhole edges is so nifty! I will definitely be trying this technique again in the future. 

All in all, I am really happy with my new top and can't wait to sew up another version! 

I hope all is well with you all :) 

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment