Monday 19 May 2014

Love At First Stitch Competition

Hey there lovely readers :)

If you hop on over to Janet's blog, you'll see that she's hosting a competition in honour of Tilly's book! The aim is to sew one pattern from Tilly's book per month so that by the end of the year you will have had a go at everything. Sounds awesome yes? I'm in!

I've already made two Brigitte scarves, so I have six more projects to complete, as there are seven patterns included in the book. In order to keep on track and make sure I don't rush through too quickly, or fall behind for that matter, I've put together a plan of what I want to be stitching and when.

JUNE: First up is the Megan Dress. I completely adore this pattern and am actually thinking of putting together a navy and white version to wear to my sixth form leavers party.

JULY: Next is the Lilou Dress, which is just my sort of thing. I'm debating whether to scallop the neckline or not, as I've never attempted this before and would love to have a go.

AUGUST: The Clemence Skirt. For those of you who've been following this blog for a while, I'm sure it will be obvious that skirts are a favourite wardrobe staple of mine, and so quick to put together. My version of this pattern is definitely going to include pockets!

SEPTEMBER: I'm heading off to uni this September and before I go I would like to sew up some new pairs of pyjamas to take with me, so the Margot Pyjamas are this month's pattern.

OCTOBER: The Mimi Blouse. Ever since seeing Katie's version of this top, I've been dreaming of a mustard coloured one, so hopefully I will have acquired the perfect fabric by the time October rolls round.

NOVEMBER: Last but not least, it's the Delphine Skirt! I want to make this skirt out of a dark coloured denim, with buttons down the front for a more nautical look.

And that brings me to the end of Tilly's Love At First Stitch Patterns! However, I'm sure it won't have escaped your notice that I have a month to spare, so.......

DECEMBER: I am going to brave my fear of knits and get cracking on finally joining the party of Coco lovers, just in time for Christmas!

If you'd like to join the competition and pay homage to Tilly's fabulous patterns, head on over to Janet's blog and get yourself signed up - there are even prizes!

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment