Thursday 15 May 2014

Tilly's Book Launch Party @ Guthrie and Ghani

Hi guys!!

I am SUPER excited this evening because...a few hours ago I met Tilly and Lauren! 


Getting to Birmingham (where Lauren's shop is) for Tilly's Book Launch Party was a total nightmare and ended up taking about two and a half hours. But it was totally worth it! 

Tilly and the Buttons was the very first sewing blog I ever read, and it was really Tilly's engaging writing style and encouraging posts that got me sewing my own, so it was such a pleasure to meet her! She really is as lovely in real life as she comes across on her blog posts. Both her and Lauren were really helpful in choosing fabrics for my sewing projects and didn't laugh at me even though I must have come across as a bit starstruck! 



This is what I came away with. I've been wanting both the Colette Sencha and Sewaholic Cambie for months, so was thrilled to finally pick them up. The light blue fabric on the left is buttery soft and drapey, perfect for the Sencha, and suggested by Tilly! The fabric to the right for the Cambie is an absolutely gorgeous teal coloured cotton patterned with dragonflies! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and knew I had to have it! 

I also got recognised by a couple of people which was quite exciting and made me feel like a movie star! (albeit a little socially awkward one - I'm not used to being recognised!) I won Tilly's Brigitte Scarf Party and had my photo on one of her posts, so a few people saw me in the shop and came over to say congratulations! Which was really nice of them - hi, if you're reading! 

Did you go to Tilly's Book Launch Party? If so then I hope you had as much fun as I did! It really has been a brilliant evening, and thank you to both Tilly and Lauren for hosting and being so lovely to me. 

Beth x

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you got to go to the launch and meet Lauren and Tilly! I wish I could've gone but it might have been a bit far from Canada ;)
    That dragonfly fabric looks amazing, I can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was literally love at first sight, I knew I had to have some! it's here if you want some yourself: http://www.guthrie-ghani.co.uk/shop/fabric/prints/sevenberry-printed-cotton-fabric/teal-dragon-fly-fabric-with-a-red-spec/. it was so exciting meeting tilly, but my dad told me later I went bright red when she said hi, which is a little embarrassing! ;)

      Delete