Tuesday 20 May 2014

Prom Dress Pickle

Hello lovely readers :) 

Today I need your help! My sixth form leaver's prom is coming up on June 27th, and I of course would love to make my dress. The trouble is, I don't know what sort of dress to make! I'm floating around a couple of ideas, but would love anymore suggestions for pattern and fabric choice. 

Here are some of my ideas. Don't be alarmed by their apparent casualness - I have to look smart, but its not a floor length ballgown occasion ;) 




The Megan Dress from Tilly's 'Love At First Stitch'. I think this would look great in a dark navy, possibly with polka dots and white ribbon trim. Paired with black tights and these awesome wedges I found on Pinterest, it would look pretty smart, non? 



Next up is the Sewaholic Cambie Dress (View B, purely for the wow factor of that crazily gathered skirt), made of the gorgeous dragonfly fabric I bought on my recent trip to Guthrie and Ghani. I'm not sure what shoes to pair this with - possibly some teal coloured flats if I can get my hands on some and, of course, if this is the dress I actually decide on.



Finally, Tilly's Lilou Dress - I think this would look pretty good in a red floral, especially with a gathered skirt. I also like the idea of making a bow belt like in the picture, but out of a contrast fabric so it really stands out. 

So, that's what I've got so far. Feel free to comment below with your opinion :) If you feel another fabric or pattern choice would be better, that's fine too! 

Thanks so much in advance - I can't wait to get stitching! 

Beth x

1 comment:

  1. That's a really hard choice, I think the Cambie would be amazing, and what amazing fabric! The Lilou would be my second choice, but they are all fantastic dresses.

    www.calascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete